Saturday, December 24, 2005

Driver and Kernel, part 2

I want to be kernel is because kernel is like a leader, driver is like a manager. Leader will lead the follower, but at the same time the follower will be able to think themselves. They can have their own mindset. The leader just need to show the direction, the follower will be follow by themselves even without leader. Just like those religions leader, even though they no longer exist in this world, but their follower still moving toward the direction the leader pointed. The kernel manage the resources and the resources is unique, they have their own functionality and a system can’t run even one of them is missing. I hope this will the role for me and all of my colleague to the organization.

A good leader should be like a kernel, he knows that all the resources is unique and he are not affordable to lost anyone of them, so he have to keep them well and treat them well.

I remember Warren Buffett. Said that: “It doesn’t matter what your staff doing when you around, it is very important that what they are doing when you are not around.”

If I am the master of the lorry, I can drive it to the directions and places I want to go but don’t forget that I still need to drive it. Without me, the car wouldn’t move. Further more, now my feeling is I am a 'ah mat’ that being asked to go two places by two master at the same time. And I don’t like the feeling being order and then perform only the task being assign like a robot, that why I don’t like the feeling being driver and control those robot in the car.

Now a lot of system even can run without kernel, this is what I want. If all the resources can run smoothly with minimum instruction then the system will be very effective.

Disk defragment would not help the performance if the already full.

--

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home