Saturday, November 12, 2005

Can't sleep at night

At friday night (em... now should be saturday morning), I can't sleep at all. Don't know why. That why I jump out of my bed and start typing this .

In my mind keep on thinking about the presentation. At first yap want me to share the experience of installing groupwise on linux , because he can foresee that this kind of order will be increase. From my point of view , installing groupwise on linux is very easy but to gather engineer to attend the session will be a bit difficult, next week Khairul and Thaddeus will be out for kaneka project.Other than that , I think there is a lot of functionality question that we haven't got the answer yet, so instead of just sharing the installing experience, I would like find out the answer of the functionality question and share with everyone. Hope next week I can have free time to prepare the following system :

  1. groupwise on windows
  2. groupwise on linux
  3. groupwise on netware
  4. exchange 2003
  5. answer about how the email store in the server
  6. groupwise client on windows
  7. groupwise client on linux
  8. outlook that communicate with groupwise server
Prepare server 1 to 4 is to show that groupwise can run on multiple platform and the groupwise can work with exchange. Item 6 to 8 is show the functionality of the groupwise client.

Tentatively I will have a session on 21/11/2005 (monday) after office hour to share idea on how and what to sell in groupwise. This session is non technical session. If I have time to conduct testing , I may be able to come out a features matrix between exchange and groupwise.I think this session is important because so far we still don't have any idea about doing groupwise demo, hope after this session we can draft idea about the demo.

Tentatively I will have another session on 22/11/2005 (tuesday) after office hour to share idea and experience on how to install groupwise. This is a technical session.

When I rolling on my bed , an idea pop up in my mind. Can we have a brainshare with our organization ? I have this idea is because yap want me to prepare a proposal, at the same time I also would like to share some experience that we gain from bankrakyat project. Since I am going to do presentation , why don't make it like brainshare session , so that it will be more interesting.Of course the first brainshare session will only have one speaker , that is me , but I hope after that for subsequent brainshare session will have more speaker, that is our engineer.

If I am going to have such session , I have these in my mind:

  1. tools and utility we found during the bankrakyat project
  2. how to make us serve our maintenance contract customer better and easier
  3. what do we need in our office , so that we can work more efficient and easier
  4. some word/idea to share

For the time being , I think 26/11/2005 (saturday) could be a good day.

I put up this is to remind myself about the idea I have in my mind now, so that I wouldn't waste my sleeping time.

If someone read this , please forget about the date, because it is not confirm yet. I will send email to everyone to inform the actual date and time.

Actually after the previous session about the zenwork desktop management, I didn't get any feedback from my audience, so I am not sure whether they like it or not, they happy with it or not,where is the room for improvement. It is my fault, I should send an email to gather these information.I am not sure whether it is too late to do so by using this blog . I need your opinion to become better.

Thank you.

1 Comments:

Blogger BlueDaisy said...

Hmm....Thank you for ur best effort. I too hope that ppl will start contributing rather than just sitting and reading. As for the Desktop Management...i didnt attend oh..so its actually quite difficult to comment lor. But hopefully this time i will come and participate in the event lor. Dont think too much lah, work is always work...enjoy the work, not get burden by it.or else u may not be able to tahan lor. take it easy.

Monday, November 14, 2005 9:41:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home